The clocks go back on the 31st October, and at Marvling Bros we are all for using that extra hour to catch up on some well earned snooze.
Btu if your body clock is not playing ball and your metabolism is running double speed here are some relaxation tips whether you have a spare hour or just 5 minutes:
1. Focus on your breathing. Get outdoors or near a window and just enjoy the act of breathing. To really focus on your breathing, try the 4-7-8 deep breathing method. Close your eyes, inhale through your nose for four seconds, hold it for seven seconds, and exhale through your mouth for eight seconds. Repeat for a few minutes.
2. Catch the sunrise. Now the daylight hours are closing down, this is the perfect time to greet the sun as it heralds a new day
3. Make a cuppa. A good cup of tea or coffee takes focus. Make and enjoy.
1. Listen to music. You take a bath, go for a jog or have a dance - but put on your favourite playlist and relax the brain.
2. Get back to nature. Dust the leaves of the house plants, give the cactus a bit of a feed, top up the bird seed, or go give a tree a big hug.
3. Laugh. Nature's best medicine. Put on your fave episode of friends - the one that you've seen hundreds of times.
1. Give your self a mini spa - soak you feet, put on a face mask, slather the hair with a hot oil treatment.
2. Read a short story. Short story geniuses include Hans Christian Anderson, Roald Dahl, Anton Chekhov, Oscar Wilde, Shirley Jackson, Virginia Hamilton. Or make time listen to some poetry on an audiobook.
3. Do an activity that is specifically off screen: do a jigsaw, bake a cake, do a jigsaw, play with a pet.
MOST OF ALL - ENJOY THE EXTRA TIME!